Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Prayer Time 1-28-14

From The Valley of Vision:

"Truth in Jesus"

Life-Giving God,

Quicken me to call upon thy name,
     for my mind is ignorant,
     my thoughts vagrant,
     my affections earthly,
     my heart unbelieving,
   and only thy Spirit can help my infirmities.
I approach thee as Father and Friend,
   my portion for ever,
   my exceeding joy,
   my strength of heart.
I believe in thee as the God of nature,
   the ordainer of providence,
   the sender of Jesus my Saviour.
My guilty fears discourage an approach to thee,
   but I praise thee for the blessed news
     that Jesus reconciles thee to me.
May the truth that is in him
   illuminate in me all that is dark,
   establish in me all that is wavering,
   comfort in me all that is wretched,
   accomplish in me all that is of thy goodness,
   and glorify in me the name of Jesus.
I pass through a vale of tears
   but bless thee for the opening gate of glory
     at its end.
Enable me to realize as mine the better,
   heavenly country.
Prepare me for every part of my pilgrimage.
Uphold my steps by thy Word.
Let no iniquity dominate me.
Teach me that Christ cannot be the way
     if I am the end,
   that he cannot be Redeemer
     if I am my own saviour,
   that there can be no true union with him
     while the creature has my heart,
   that faith accepts him as Redeemer and Lord
     or not at all.

***************************************

I will surely never in my life pray so eloquently, but I'm grateful that God hears me anyway. Please let me know how I might pray for you today by leaving your requests in the comments section. Comments on this post will not be published publicly for the sake of those concerned with privacy.



No comments: