Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Good List 5-1-13


10. A quick, simple braid on the (many) days I'm just not willing to spend more than 5 minutes on my mop. Nice to have an option that doesn't look like bed head. Unlike some, my bed head is in no way stylish or sexy. :-D
9. Roasted garlic. Amen.
8. This forecast. I'm one of the weirdos who loves Vermont winters, but I'm certainly not mad at this: 


7. Cooking over the fire pit. Everything tastes better this way. Even plain ol' scrambled eggs.


6. Family game night. This turned into a 3-day game of Monopoly that went from all 4 of us playing separately to Grace and I merging to keep her from going bankrupt and finally Jared and Macy teaming up. And it never really ended. We just had to put it back in the box eventually. ;-) Good times.


5. This song. Which I've probably posted before, but it deserves a second mention, don't you think? So excellent for so many reasons.


4. Being married to a nerd who has collected even more books over the years than I have. We never lack for things to read in this family. I love that.


3. When I got up this morning (early), Macy was already dressed and ready for school so she could spend the morning playing Mumford and Sons songs on her ukulele and "Annie" songs on her keyboard. Best soundtrack ever.


2. Jared got a shipment of copies of "Gospel Wakefulness" translated into Korean. We didn't even know that was happening, but so cool! Use it for your glory, Lord!


1. A sweet family picnic on a gorgeous day last weekend. These are some of my favorite moments in life. Thank you, Lord.



No comments: