Thursday, May 2, 2013

Happy Anniversary, Vermont!

Today is my 3-year anniversary as a Vermont resident.

3 years since I became a stay-at-home Mom for the first time in my life. 



3 years since my full-time job became serving my God, my family, and my church.

3 years of believing I'm finally home. (I mean, not *really* home. That will only happen in Heaven.) But with all my heart, I believe that for as long as I live on earth, I belong in Vermont.

3 years of being joined to the most epic and special church body I've ever known.



3 years of greater joy than I used to believe possible.

3 years of walking with my man into ministry opportunities we never would have dreamed were ours to pursue.



3 summers of playing with my children almost every day.




3 autumns of the most stunning foliage I've ever seen.






3 exquisite winters.





 




3 spring gardens. (I never really had time for this before. . .)







3 years of cooking at least 2 meals a day almost every single day. (I LOVE to cook!)

3 years of finding all sorts of new adventures (and we still haven't even scratched the surface of all the possibilities.)

3 years of getting to work together as a team with my husband in every area of life. 

3 years of more intimate prayer time than ever before.

3 years of more focused study of Scripture than I ever seemed to find time for before.



3 years of treasuring Christ more fully than ever before.

Certainly there have been MANY amazing times of joy in my life before moving here. I had a beautiful childhood, and I have been blessed beyond measure at just about every stage of my life. But never before here did I feel so certain that I am exactly where God wants me to be. Not that this a good place "for now" until God brings me to the "next step" in my journey. In my mind, I'm home. Permanently.

Having said that, *if* God ever asks me to leave, I hope I'll be obedient, but my heart's desire is that He'll keep me here until He's ready to take me home for real.

A 3-year song in my heart.

Happy Anniversary, Vermont! I love you so much!

No comments: