Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Happy Birthday, Macy!

Macy, I'm never quite sure how this is possible since it already feels like my heart might very well explode, but somehow I love you more every single day. You have been precious to me since before you were even born, but I learn new things about you each day, and I couldn't be more proud of who you are, how much you're learning, and how brilliantly you are using your gifts and talents.

You are so much fun to spend time with! I love looking for new adventures and experiences together, and your laugh makes me giggle over and over again.









I love the way your mind is so active, always wanting to learn something new, figure out how things work, and CONSTANTLY create--whether it be through cooking, crafts, or MUSIC. I LOVE YOUR MUSIC! Some of the happiest moments of my life happen when you sing. Your voice makes my heart sparkle.








I love your sweet face and how it can make me smile just to see you. It's a funny thing being a Mom. I miss you more than you know when we're not together, even just when you're at school and I'm not with you. I know you think that's silly, but I promise it's true. My favorite moments of every day are when I'm reunited with this sweetness.







But the thing I love the most about you is your heart. It is as tender and sweet as any I've known. I see it in the way you love on little ones and take so much joy in their delight. When you can get a baby to smile, it's like your finest moment in life each time. I love that.





I see it in the way you take care of your sister too. You have your moments of (ahem) disagreement just like any siblings do, but mostly she thinks you're one of the most awesome people on the planet. That's because you do such a good job of loving her and having fun with her.



You are growing up so beautifully, Mace. Sometimes I wish you would slow down, but then I wouldn't get to see all of the amazing ways you're becoming just who God created you to be. I shudder at the thought of how many times I fail you almost every single day, but I'm grateful that you love me anyway, and so far, you even still like me. (Or at least you're still doing a good job of pretending like you do. :-D)


I love you with my WHOLE HEART, and I'm SO GLAD I get to be your Mom. It is one of my very favorite things to be! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEET MACY!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! What a treasure <3