Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Prayer Time 4-30-13

"Many people struggle to learn how to pray because they are focusing on praying, not on God. Making prayer the center is like making conversation the center of a family mealtime. In prayer, focusing on the conversation is like trying to drive while looking at the windshield instead of through it. It freezes us, making us unsure of where to go. Conversation is only the vehicle through which we experience one another. Consequently, prayer is not the center. Getting to know a person, God, is the center."  --Paul Miller

So good. One of my favorite ways to get to know God is to talk to him about some of my favorite of his creations--my friends and family, and we have A LOT to talk about today! Please let me know if I can add to the conversation on your behalf.

Blessings in the Gospel today!

No comments: