Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Good List 2-13-13


10. Last night Jared went to a meeting at the West Rutland town hall for a presentation on "Monsters of the Northeast," mostly focused on Sasquatch. I giggled about this all day yesterday, and I'm still giggling about it today. He came home and said, "There were some strange people there." Uh. . . ya think? ;-)
9. After fearing a pretty big oversight regarding our taxes this year (to the tune of several thousand dollars), we realized we actually did a pretty good job getting our ducks in a row last year. WHEW!!! :-D
8. Packages from Grandmom. Always fun!
7. I've been getting some extra workout time in over the last couple weeks, so that means I can eat whatever I want tomorrow for Valentine's Day. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself. Just move on and leave me to enjoy my ignorant bliss. K? Nothin' to see here. . .
6. Baby giggles. All of them. Every single one I've ever heard makes me giggle right along.
5. A box of ESV Story Bibles arrived yesterday, with contributions by my favorite guy. He wrote the introductions to Habakkuk, Malachi and Galatians.



4. The gift of coffee to go with Bibles. So appropriate. Two of my very favorite things, especially when enjoyed together. :-D


3. The way Macy glows when she knows she gets to spend time with little ones. On Monday night, we had the Hewitts over for dinner. (They have a baby boy and a toddler girl.) Macy asked me at least 10 times in the 24 hours before their visit, "So Mom, the Hewitts are coming over tomorrow (tonight), right?" She could not wait. So sweet.


2. Precious Baby Lilly. My new niece! I very much want to bite her, but I'm trying to refrain.


1. My amazing sister Jody and her pure gold husband Jon for taking in this sweet baby and treating her as their very own. I'm so proud of them and so grateful to be an aunt again!



1 comment:

grey rose (they/them) said...

laughing with you about the "monsters meeting" ... i bet they have similar ones here :)

i didn't even know about the new story bible! cannot wait to check it out, with coffee of course.

happy wednesday! enjoy your free-for-all valentine's day, and know i'm with you in the bliss of ignorance there :)