Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Good List 7-18-12

10. Wall-E. I forgot how much I liked that movie until we watched it again with the kids last week.
9. Libraries. Here is someone's definition of the 25 most beautiful public libraries in the world. They're gorgeous, but I'm not picky. Any ol' library will do for me as long as it has BOOKS!
8. An extra cup of coffee on a rainy day.
7. Rain.
6. Morphine. Jared had a kidney stone earlier this week, which made us very grateful for pain medication. Poor guy!
5. Pastor Roland showed up at our house within minutes of returning from the ER to check on Jared and pray for him. Love that precious man!
4. And then JoJo and Jon showed up a few hours later with a scrumptious homemade dinner. Love them to pieces!
3. My sweet, sweet Macy and Grace who sat in the car in the hospital parking lot for about 5 hours while I ran back and forth between them and the ER. They were so sweet and patient and loving and encouraging through the entire ordeal!
2. My friend Jennifer. We haven't seen each other in person in years, but she is bringing her whole family to come see me in Vermont in just a few weeks! Also--the last time I called her she was in Africa in a way different time zone, and I totally woke her up in the middle of the night. But she answered that phone anyway and didn't even growl at me. This is how I know she loves me. :-D
1. Our sweet church welcomed 4 new members and witnessed 6 baptisms on Sunday. A miracle any way you look at it. Such a special day!


No comments: