Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Good List 7-13-11

10. Sweet tea.
9. Photo coupons. I recently ordered 99 prints for a penny each. Fabulous.
8. The fact that about 90% of Gracie's pajama items are monkey themed. Makes me grin every time I fold them. Can't imagine why that's what people are drawn to when they think of Gracie. ;-)
7. Pride and Prejudice. It's a little slow in the middle, but still an excellent book. I'm pretty embarrassed that I didn't read it much sooner.
6. The feature length Winnie the Pooh movie which recently previewed on some other movie the girls were watching (can't remember which one.) I'm not even sure when it's coming out, but it looks wonderfully, perfectly simple, sweet and precious.
5. Finding something that I thought was long lost tucked into the corner of a suitcase.
4. True Grit. Excellent movie. Perfect casting, although I can't really decide if Jeff Bridges is brilliant or if he just played himself. ;-)
3. Gracie's new little friend. He let her follow him around pretty closely for quite awhile before he hopped into the bushes. She named him "Bugs" after Bugs Bunny, because she says, "He was a smart rabbit. I mean, he knew I wasn't gonna hurt him. That's why he didn't hop away." :-D

2. The following statement that I overheard Macy say to a very giggly Grace: "I love to make you laugh." (Happy Mom right here. :-D)
1. My new nephew Jack Briggs McLemore. Ok, so he's not really my nephew by blood, but in my heart his parents are my brother and sister, so yeah. . . my nephew Jack. I love him so much! He is exactly one week old today. I can't wait to meet him in person!



1 comment:

Jen said...

Cute baby! So cute.

We plan to take the kids to see the Winnie the Pooh movie - it'll be their first movie in the theater. I read that it's hand-drawn in the classic Disney style, which makes me happy.

Agreed about sweet tea.