Monday, July 18, 2011

Champ


Grace has finally decided she needs some variety after watching Phineas & Ferb for pretty much 4-1/2 days straight. Today she watched one of the Benji movies and then decided on . . . . of all things . . . . Monster Quest. We are currently watching the episode about Champ. You know, the big sea creature in Lake Champlain right up here in Burlington, VT just a couple hours away from our house. (I jokingly tell everyone this is the main reason Jared wanted to move here, but there might be more truth in that joke than I realize. ;-) But I digress.

I'm so glad Gracie's sweet and funny personality hasn't suffered this week even during the highest points of her fever. She hasn't been lethargic or "down" much at all. It has given me confidence that she really will be ok (hopefully soon) and made it slightly less painful to see her sick. At least she isn't miserable. This was one of my favorite funny conversations:

Me: So Gracie, if Champ is real, do you think he's mean or nice?
Grace: (incredulous) You're kidding, right?
Me: No, I'm not. What do you think?
Grace: Mom, he's MEAN!!! Seriously?
Me: Well, why do you say that? How do you know?
Grace: Because he's a MONSTER, Mom! Are you watching this? It's called "Monster Quest," not "Loveable Creatures Quest!"

And there you have it. :-D

No comments: