Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Good List 9-18-13

10. Space heaters. Oh, yes. It's that time of year. 
9. Coconut oil. For cooking. For baking. For your skin. For your hair. For your pets. Just get a jar for every room in your house. It pretty much does everything you'll ever need in life.
8. A robe or blanket pulled right out of the dryer. Ahhhhhhhhh.
7. Stumbling upon this picture for the very first time just a couple days ago and remembering exactly how I felt when it was taken. At this point, I had been living away from my family for almost 9 months, them in Vermont while I was still in Nashville. This picture was taken at my going away party at LifeWay when I was just days away from finally being permanently reunited with my family in Vermont. I call it "JOY!" :-D



6. Dinner date tonight with Andrea, Lydia, and Sarah. Fun!
5. Our Compassion child, Lorena. We adopted her when she was 4. She's 15 now. (!!!) Oh how the years go by!



4. The kind of hugs that make you feel like everything bad in the world stops while you're inside them.
3. The kind of friends who give those kind of hugs so freely.
2. Reasons to celebrate in the midst of ongoing struggle. Just added a wedding shower and a baby shower to our church calendar. Thank you for these, Lord.
1. This. I love this. My friend Jesus. My friend Richard's friend Jesus. My friend Erin's friend Jesus. My friend Anne's friend Jesus. And my friends Jeff and Mark and Ally. My friend Kathryn's friend Jesus. 

No comments: