Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Good List 3-6-13


10. My current favorite healthy snack: grapefruit with cinnamon and a little honey. (Thanks for the tip, TaraLeigh!) I know it sounds a little strange, but it is SO delicious.


9. Chicken is in the crock pot. Brisket is slow roasting in the oven, and sausage is ready for the grill. It's BBQ night at community group! Who's hungry?


8. When the mountain is foggy and mysterious in the morning. I don't even know why I love it so much, but I do.


7. OZ! I'm pretty sure I'm more excited about it than the kids. It's been awhile since there has been a good "family movie outing" opportunity. Hoping to have one this weekend.
6. Friday night dance lessons at the church. So much fun! Currently learning the Texas Two-Step and Promenade. Love it!
5. Gracie's first *BIG* baking project that she wanted to do all by herself. And because she is her mother's daughter, she figured out a way to get at least 5 different kinds of chocolate in there: chocolate cake, chocolate ganache filling, chocolate pudding frosting with chocolate sprinkles added, and all topped off with chocolate mint chips. :-D


4. Since Indi occupied Lilly's bed while I was rocking her the other day, I just "had" to hold her all afternoon. ;-) (Pssst. . .  Thanks, Indi!)


3. Macy volunteers in the nursery at our church, and I get reports at least once a week on what a sweet and special job she does. She loves those babies! My sweet girl. . .
2. Another clean brain scan for Matt Chandler yesterday! Thank you, Lord!
1. My friends Richard and Erin Scott. I could write a book. . . They are remarkable. BECAUSE OF CHRIST! (They would want me to say that. ;-) ) Richard has stage 4 brain cancer. It has been a difficult journey. By all medical predictions and expectations, he should be with Jesus by now. He had an MRI last Tuesday during which I'm pretty sure his doctors had pretty low expectations. REALLY GOOD news would have been his tumor hadn't grown at all. Guess what. It shrunk. God is so good (whether or not he continues to heal Richard--again, they would want me to say that.) So grateful for His hand on this family and the way it is bringing hope and joy even in suffering to an entire community!


No comments: