Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Good List 3-9-11

10. That show "Storage Wars." It's hit or miss, but sometimes the stuff they find in those lockers is really interesting.
9. Frozen grapes. The kids love finding them in their lunchboxes. It's like having a bunch of mini-popsicles in there! Also--weird little tip--they're great for easing pregnancy nausea if you suck on them. I won't pretend to understand the science behind it, but something about the way your body slowly absorbs the nutrients. . . I don't know. I suppose it could be an old wive's tale, but it seemed to work for me. ;-)
8. Sharing recipes with people and finding out that they love them as much as I do. This makes me a weird degree of happy. I'm not sure what that says about me.
7. Getting a really good workout 5 days a week so that I can guiltlessly NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT the other 2 days.
6. Fiona Apple. Love her voice! Tiny little white girl has more soul than the whole list of people my friend Tyrone helped us celebrate in February. :-D
5. Hand-written cards and letters.
4. Those rare (but thankfully not as rare as they used to be for my family) days when we never have to change out of our pajamas. Macy and Grace love these days too!
3. The feeling I get just before loading a new batch of pictures onto my computer. It's like opening gifts on Christmas morning. What will I find? So exciting! (I know--I'm SUCH a nerd!!!)
2. Watching an a-ha moment spread across Macy and Grace's faces when they learn something new. So much fun!!!
1. The perfectly lovely day Jared planned for me last Friday. He was out of town on my birthday, so he made Friday extra special instead. First he took me to Quechee to feed my addiction and let me take pictures ;-), then a nice lunch, and eventually the day ended with a netflix movie and chocolate truffles. Pretty much perfect!

No comments: