Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Graceville


This is the exact scenario that just happened in my house--

I told Macy and Grace earlier today that this afternoon JoJo and I are going grocery shopping together to get all stocked up before GrandMom's visit and that I'll take them over to stay with Uncle Jon and their cousins for a little while so they don't have to go. They came in just a few minutes ago from playing outside and sat RIGHT NEXT to each other on the couch. Macy asked, "Mom, when are we going to the Dickersons?" And I replied, "I'm not sure, baby. Just whenever JoJo calls." And then we talked for another few minutes until Grace piped in with:

"Mom, when are we going to the Dickersons?" (!!!!!)

I couldn't help but laugh and then said, "Didn't we just talk about that?"

To which she replied, "Who? Me and you? I thought you were talking to Macy."

"Well, I was," I said. "But weren't you sitting right there beside her the whole time? And actually, you're even closer to me than she is, so surely you could hear me."

And then this: "I guess my mind was in Graceville while y'all were talking."

I wish I could live in Graceville. It HAS to be awesome given what I know about its developer. ;-)

No comments: