Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Good List 5-18-11

10. Finding new ways to help my family enjoy fish. Last night I served panko-parmesan tilapia, and they all loved it!
9. These. Awesome.


8. The words "Thanks, Mom!" So simple, but it makes me smile really big every time I hear this.
7. Paul Simon's new. . . . . I don't know. What are we calling it these days? Album? CD? Download? How 'bout for this one we just go with Collection of Brilliance in Musical Form? It is just that. :-D
6. Serving breakfast for dinner. I can't really explain why, but for some reason it always makes me feel all warm and cozy inside. (And yes, for the record, I am already aware that I am a weirdo. Just roll your eyes and move on, k? Thanks.)
5. My very own strawberry patch that I planted yesterday afternoon and that I am positively giddy about.
4. The amazing and fabulous Diane Lowell, who took the concept of "helping me with my yard" to a whole new level of awesome. She dug up shrubs and plants (and even a tree!) from her yard, brought them over to my house to help me plant them, and even tilled up two nice big beds for me so I can get even more loveliness into the ground soon. Also, the plants for the strawberry patch came from her. (I TOLD you she was fabulous!)
3. Jody and Jon have a place to live!!! And the entire scenario is nothing short of miraculous. It's a loooooong story, so you'll just have to trust me. :-D God is so good, and I'm so grateful for people like Margaret (Jon and Jody's new landlord) who so graciously share his love.
2. These sweet faces. You wish you were close enough to smooch their cheeks, don't you? ;-)


1. Realizing how silly it is that I continue to be surprised when God does something amazing in my life. He has done it so many times, I should be used to it by now. I'm so unworthy. But so very grateful.

No comments: