Monday, November 1, 2010

A New Twist on Lunchbox Notes

Every day that I prepare my girls' lunchboxes, I slip a little note inside. Usually it's just a few lines from me, but sometimes I get their Dad to do it, and every now and then, we even have guest contributors. ;-) This week, several of Macy's cousins have been in town, so each day they have had a different drawing from one of their little cousins (they don't write very well yet). Today Gracie asked if I could please put an extra blank page in her lunchbox with her note. I thought maybe she wanted to write a note to her cousins, so I explained that today was their last day here and that by the time she got home, they would be on their way to the airport. She acknowledged but said she still wanted a blank piece of paper. Alrighty then. . . Simple enough request, I suppose.

When I cleaned out her lunchbox, I found the following note neatly divided into 3 separate sections:

Dear Mom,
I love you soooo much. Out of all the Moms in the world, I would chuse you. Thank you for teaching me scrapbooking in VBS.
Love,
Grace

Dear Macy,
You are the best sister ever. I'm glad you're older than me. I love you. Out of all the sisters, brothers and Macy's in the world, I would pick you.
Love,
Grace

Dear Dad,
Happy Birthday, Dad! Are you excited about your surprise? I love you so much, Dad.
Love,
Grace

(The surprise, btw, is a snowman that she made yesterday and put in the freezer so she could give it to him today.)

I'd say this was a good use of an extra piece of paper. Sure made my day. :-D

No comments: