Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Good List 4-2-14

10. This little dude. My new favorite kitchen toy. Zucchini "noodles" (or any veggie really) in just a few twists of the wrists. Pretty fun and very yummy.


9. Muppets Most Wanted. Very clever. And PACKED with cameos.


8. This is one of Macy and Grace's all-time favorite snacks. That makes me very happy. Whatever I can do to steer them away from junk food, I'm in! :-)


7. My friend Dave let me borrow his not-even-jokin'-around bow. And as soon as all of this snow melts so that I don't lose every single one of my arrows, it is SO ON! Dear 802: You've been warned.


6. Grace has started training for her second Girls on the Run event. She is so excited! Here are her "before and after" pictures from last year. Adorableness.


5. Macy is multi-talented. She is brilliantly musical, clever and smart, and endlessly creative. Here is one of her most recent drawings. Owl. I love it.


(Also, fun fact: my friend Mark points out that "if you turn it upside down, it looks like 2 suns rising on either side of a mountain with a giant ear of corn sitting on top like a radiant holy temple." He probably needs some counseling, but this makes me giggle. What do you think? ;-))

4. This is my favorite thing I've seen on the internet in a long time. I LOVE THIS. But fyi--I strongly suggest listening with headphones or plugging into a much better speaker system than the flat sound of a computer or phone. Totally different experience.



3. On Monday nights, Jared is almost always away from home in meetings until pretty late (sometimes very late.) So. Macy and Grace and I spend these nights cooking together with lots of ridiculousness, giggles and loud music. It is way more fun than it probably sounds. :-) I love these times with my girlies.

2. This guy literally never stops writing. Literally never. If he isn't doing so with pen and paper or computer, he is doing so in his head. He ponders and writes and ponders and writes. And I'm so grateful for his thoughts and words.


1. Psalm 121. The promises in these words work such a precious "settledness" in my heart. Oh how I need them!

No comments: