Wednesday, July 18, 2012

So Grateful for Jared Wilson

Hi, there! I'm Jared Wilson's wife. If anyone reading this follows him at all, I'm sure you're aware of the craziness that occurred today. I mean. . .  seriously CRAZY!

I have no intent to link to any of it or draw your attention further to it. (It got ugly pretty quickly.)

But for what it's worth, I thought I would post my own follow-up (for the 4 of you who might read this :-D). I'm no expert on much of anything, and I'm not looking for an argument. But this might be the one area I know better than most. As Jared's wife, I'm *pretty sure* I am more aware of his intentions and behaviors related to sex and his views of it than most. And as such, I would like to say that he is the OPPOSITE of a misogynist and vehemently opposed to rape or forceful /overpowering /humiliating /degrading sex of any kind. There are some who disagree with me on those points, but I'm honestly baffled as to how they know this--especially in response to a blog post that was AGAINST these very things. But I digress. . .

Jared does, however, conquer (to gain, win, or obtain by effort) my heart daily because of his sacrificial provision, his tender love, and his humble service to my daughters and me, his selfless service to our church, and his unwavering commitment to and passion for Jesus and the Gospel.

For those who care, I just thought I would make that information available.

9 comments:

grey rose (they/them) said...

well. amen!
not sure about details, and i only know jared from his books and tweets :) BUT, seems to me, he is a champion for the gospel and a lover of christ...and the family he's been gifted with.

press on dear ones! praying for you xo
(also, becky, i really think you are awesome)

Andrea said...

Been praying for you both today. Rough day on your heart, I'm sure. Rough to watch it all play out from here. I know it's hard, but it's been encouraging to see how your husband has handled it all. Praying for peace and extra grace. And that hopefully, it passes soon.

Anonymous said...

Hello Becky, I've linked here from Wendy Alsup's blog. I was going to ask for my comment there to be deleted because I didn't want to enter the fray or add fuel to the fire, but then I read your comment and this post, Becky, and my comment stays! Though I don't know you, I'm praying for you, sister. I emailed your husband yesterday to let him know that there are women, like me, who understood his position, Doug's quote, and who seek to be discerning and wise with all theological assertions.

May God bless you and give you strength!

April said...

I came her from Wendy's blog-saw your comment. Girl, I am praying for ya'll. I didn't even read the GC article until someone enraged posted it on Facebook. I read it and thought, "Why is everyone so mad?" Then I started reading the comments,and yes-your husband and Douglas Wilson have been greatly misunderstood.

Ginny said...

praying for you all. what a hard day! Thankful for your humility as you receive these criticisms with much more grace than i imagine i ever could. praying God's nearness and good pleasure with you both is evident to you as you walk through this.

Phil W said...

Wow. If I was a woman and Jared was still single, I'd marry myself... somehow, that doesn't sound right....

Anyway, I pray for y'all frequently. May the Lord continue to use you.

Amanda Evans said...

I too linked over from Wendy's blog. Stay strong, sister!

Rachel said...

Brandon and I just caught up with it all. it's crazy. People aren't even reading what he is saying. Way to stick by your man and defend him : ) Praying for you all!

Angel said...

Hannah S. directed me to your blog. I just want you to know you have been on my heart all week. I've been praying for you (and Jared) consistently. Crazy craziness, for sure!