Monday, July 16, 2012

Oh, Glorious Day!

Yesterday we welcomed 4 new members and witnessed 6 baptisms within our sweet little rural Vermont church family. This is a miracle no matter how you look at it.


And something occurred to me. God no more needs me here than a Texan needs a heater in July. Who am I to deserve to be a part of this? No one. I am no one at all. But also, because of Jesus, I am a child of God who has been invited into his work and ministry. OH, how overwhelmed and grateful am I for that truth!


My heart overflowed as Jared baptized 3 incredible men and one special lady, and then he stepped aside and watched 2 of those men baptize their wives. So special!


Buried with Christ in baptism. . .



. . . and raised to walk in newness of life. 







This never gets old. May we witness such things eagerly and often. Make it so, Lord!



1 comment:

Mark and Amy said...

I wept looking at these photos just like I do when we baptize folks here at GCC. I weep EVERY SINGLE TIME! No exceptions. I don't even know these people but we are connected in the grand scheme and Body of Christ because of the Work of Christ this act displays. Praise be to God for His wonderful work. So glad you posted these! Love and blessings. Amy