10. Just one rainy day the whole time we were there, and it was perfect timing for snuggling, reading, playing games and doing puzzles all day long. A cozy, restful day.
8. Buying our dinner right off of this dock on Wednesday night. It doesn't get any fresher than that!
And my favorite part is when they're all tucked in for the evening. :-D
5. The colors of the Maine coast.
4. The amazingly fun boat ride our friends Ted and Meryl Freeman treated us to on Tuesday. It was an absolutely gorgeous day, and we got to see seals, dolphins (which I wasn't quite quick enough to photograph), and all kinds of feathered friends. So FUN!
3. Watching the girls enjoy their vacations in completely different ways.
Sweet, pensive, dreamy Macy:
Wild, carefree, exuberant Grace:
But knowing when it was all said and done, they both enjoyed every minute:
2. Acadia National Park. This was our first visit, and we quickly realized we should have allowed much more time here. Absolutely breathtaking. Already planning our next trip. ;-)
1. Quality family time for 6 days in a row. We've only done that one other time (in 2010), but we sure hope to do it every year from now on!