Sunday, August 5, 2012

Just Another August 5th

Three years ago on August 5th, my family drove away from our home in Fairview, TN to come settle in Vermont before the school year started. I had to stay behind to work and continue to pay the mortgage on our house. I was devastated, but I knew it was the right thing to do at the time.

Today on August 5th, my family is divided again as the girls and I wait for Jared to return from his mission trip to Honduras. And full disclosure here--we missed him A LOT. There were some tears throughout the week, and I can't even blame them all on the kids. BUT God was so sweet to remind me of this date 3 years ago and show me the absolutely incredible ways he has redeemed our time as a family.  I wouldn't trade these last 3 years of my life for anything in the world. There are parts of it I hope I never have to do again, but that doesn't mean I regret those times. And when I remembered living apart for 9 months, this 9-day separation didn't seem quite so bad. I think God knew that would be the case. Grateful for the way he whispers right to my heart sometimes.

No comments: