So I'm cheating a little by using the same list I wrote last year and just adding one more line since he is a year older, but all of these things are still true, and some are even more true, and I'm certain that no one who might have read this last year remembers any of it anyway. So on his 36th birthday, here is your reminder of 36 ways my Jared is amazing. Feel free to add your own as you see fit. :-D
36. The book that he wrote which released just recently, Gospel Wakefulness, is one of the best books I've read in a very long time.
35. He is obsessed with zombies. I am not; however, I can't help but find it endearing. I'm honestly not sure why. . . .
34. He drives everywhere we go together. Even if it's a veeeeeery long drive. Because he knows I hate to drive.
33. He loves watching football with me and doesn't mind that I'm *mildly* obsessed with it.
32. He loves my cooking.
31. He is one of the best writers I have ever read. (But he doesn't agree with that statement.)
30. He is introverted, but he loves people too much not to reach out to them.
29. He brings me chocolate truffles for almost every special occasion we share.
28. He loves my family. And they're pretty much nuts, so that's kind of a big deal.
27. He loves bulldogs.
26. He is absolutely positive that Sasquatch and Champ exist.
25. His heroes are people like the apostle Paul, John Piper, Matt Chandler, etc.
24. He loves books, especially old books.
23. He honors and respects the elderly.
22. He is my favorite pastor in the whole wide world.
21. He makes me laugh, and he LOVES it when he makes me laugh.
20. He is so much smarter than I will ever be, but instead of making me feel stupid, he teaches me.
19. He probably would like to roll his eyes at my stockpile of scrapbooking supplies and jigsaw puzzles, but instead he enjoys that they make me happy.
18. He loves family outings when we can all be together.
17. He was a single Dad for 9 months while we lived apart. I don't know how he did it.
16. He cares about orphans.
15. He wants lost people to be saved more than anything in the world.
14. His best friends are all men of integrity.
13. He has earned the respect of people of all ages because of the way he cares for them.
12. He still can't believe he is a published author.
11. My coffee always tastes better when he makes it for me. ;-)
10. He is proud of me.
9. He loves all different kinds of great music.
8. He LOVES all the Cajun cooking my family introduced to him, like boiled crawfish, gumbo, red beans and rice, etc.
7. He loves new adventures.
6. He followed God's calling all the way to Vermont.
5. He likes to build fires and hang out around the firepit. I love that!
4. I can't imagine raising my girls with anyone else.
3. He thinks being a pastor is about MUCH more than preaching on Sunday morning. :-D
2. He adores our children.
1. He desires to know Christ more and better every single day, and he actively pursues that desire. How blessed does that make me?
What a blessing to have such wonderful men in your life. Happy birthday to both :)
Post a Comment