10. Super 8. Crazy! Although I have to take issue with the people who called it a "Modern Day E.T." E.T. was sweet and gentle. This was quite a bit more. . . . . harsh. Still a really good movie though. Stellar acting by the young cast.
9. Frosty windows. Jack is quite the artist sometimes.
8. Elvis' Christmas Album. Warm and cozy.
7. The Saints doing Monday Night Football right with 49 points. Yeah, baby. None of this 9-6 business on MNF.
6. Rosy cheeks after snow play.
5. The magnificent gift of olive oil and Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar (I KNOW, RIGHT?!?) our wonderful friend Tracy Markland gave us for pastor appreciation. Oh. My. It is exquisite.
4. The smattering of brightly hued envelopes we find in our mailbox this time of year amidst the boring old stack of white bills and junk mail.
3. Gabe and Amanda McGann, missionaries to UVM, a university with a staggeringly high percentage of students who are not merely uninterested in Christianity, but in many cases hostile toward it and all who profess it. But they are unwavering and excited about what God is doing in and through and around them here in Vermont. What a fantastic couple! Plus, they're adorable. :-D
2. Jared has been preaching from the book of Ruth. Yesterday while we were watching football, he made a silly comment about being bitter about a bad call or something like that, and Macy quickly and mockingly responded, "Well, maybe we should just call you Mara." !!!!! Someone's been paying attention! Awesome.
1. Nellie Fitzgerald, a wise old saint who finished life well at 95 years last week. Jared got to hold her hand and listen to her recite Psalm 23 and talk about how much she loved Jesus and He loved her in her final days. Amazing Grace for sure.
Macy's Good List
10. Tom Brady and Drew Brees
9. Evergreen and snowy pinecones
8. Playing ukulele without a pick
7. Dad's word for our church foyer--"narthex"
6. Noise in the fellowship hall
5. Relaxing on the couch with a good book
4. Chicken tortilla soup
3. Mrs. Mahoney's molasses cookies
2. Ruth, Naomi and Boaz