Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Good List 9-19-12

10. The weirdly satisfying exercise of watching a huge pile of dirty laundry become a neatly stacked (or hung), freshly scented array of options for tomorrow morning.
9. The first rainy day of fall (which I'm saying was yesterday, even though I know it isn't "officially" fall yet.) But yesterday sure felt like it, and it was glorious!
8. The souvenir we brought home from our trip to NYC a couple weeks ago. Love the graphics in this book!


7. When a $3 box of dessert glasses from the TJMaxx clearance rack becomes sheer delight for 5 little munchkins. They were SO EXCITED to see these after school yesterday!


6. El Mexicano. The only restaurant we've discovered thus far within driving distance of our house (it's about an hour away) that serves Tex-Mex. YUMMY! (Full credit goes to Jody Kay Methvin Dickerson and her TomTom for discovering this deliciousness.)
5. This week's weather forecast: 


And this after a huge storm last night, so everything is all nice and fresh. Perfection. Definitely diggin' these temps.
4. Tomorrow we leave for Portland, Maine for a "Cultivating Gospel Mission" conference. Really looking forward to the teaching and fellowship. Also excited to finally collect on Josh's year-long promise of Starbucks. ;-)
3. Ladies Bible Study is back in session! We're studying Beth Moore's James: Mercy Triumphs. One video session in, and I've already been kicked in the head (but totally hooked). I can tell this is gonna be hard in the best way possible.
2. Moments when I can tell Macy and Grace actually *like* each other. This mother's heart knows few joys greater than these.
1. Trish Amazingness Harris (I'm pretty sure that's not her real middle name, but it is certainly applicable.) Yesterday was her birthday, so I tried to love her from afar like this, but I sure wish I could have been there in person to give her at least 3 breaks from her work day for lunch, Gigi's cupcakes, and a Target run. Also a ginormous hug. I love you with all my heart, my sweet and special friend. COME SEE ME!!!



No comments: