Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Good List 11-10-10

10. Caramelized onions. They're pretty much magical.
9. Brand new boxes of crayons.
8. Being surrounded by books again (quite literally at the moment in fact. . .)
7. Keith Green. I need to read No Compromise again.
6. "What Love Really Means" by JJ Heller. Awesome.
5. When my Mom calls me ON RELEASE DATE of the newest kids movie and says, "Do the girls have (insert movie title) yet?" The answer is always no because she is usually the first one to a retail establishment as soon as it's available. So then she happily says, "Good! I'm sending it today then." :-D So sweet. Toy Story 3 just arrived.
4. My own bed. Ahhhhhhhh. . . . .
3. Operation Christmas Child. What a phenomenal, life-changing organization. I was blessed to be able to get involved with them during the last few years of my career at LifeWay, and now I am THRILLED that my church is highly involved in building, collecting, transporting and doing pretty much whatever else needs to be done to get as many shoeboxes distributed as possible.
2. Watching Macy and Grace giggle and "awwwww" as they read and re-read scrapbooks about their early lives.
1. The incredible teams of people in Nashville and Vermont who helped pack, load and unload the rest of our belongings so we can finally get "settled." It's good to be home.

No comments: