Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Good List 7-17-13

10. The tiniest frog I've ever seen. That's my fingernail he's sitting on. I KNOW, RIGHT?!?


9. Macy and Grace's favorite swimming hole. So much fun!




8. Letters from camp. Because of the holiday right in the middle of the week and the fact that we were away from home the last 2 days of the week, I didn't get Macy's letters until she was home. Still, they were no less sweet to read. She wrote one every day except the last day. Precious to me.
7. Over the last couple months, I've had the joy of discovering new routes all throughout Vermont and upstate New York. Driving to Lake Placid and back, taking 2 different routes to Speculator, NY and back, and several others. So many beautiful things to see driving around up here. Now I need to have Jared drive me through all of these little journeys again so I can look at the surroundings instead of paying attention to the road. :-P
6. Honduran coffee. I'm no connoisseur. I only know what tastes good to me. This is easily one of my favorite coffees ever.


5. Cherry pickin' at Dave and Barby's. Fun! And I made a cheesecake topping with the bounty, which was quite delicious indeed!





4. It's a long story that I won't bore you with, but the hood of our Suburban was up for a couple hours one morning last week awaiting a jump-start. During that time, no less than 4 people from my church either called or stopped by to make sure I didn't need help. I'm so grateful for my family.
3. Before leaving for Honduras, Jared arranged for flowers to be sent to each of "his girls" during the week. Mine came Tuesday, which was just as much a treat for Macy and Grace as it was for me, but then they each got a box addressed to them on Wednesday, and they were over the moon! Small gesture, HUGE statement, lifelong memory. So blessed.



2. We finally got a copy of Jared's newest book (releasing at the end of this month), The Pastor's Justification. Macy was the one who collected it from the UPS guy, and the kids were so excited, you would have thought he had just handed them lifetime free passes to Disneyworld. It was a sweet moment.



1. Jared's recent mission trip to Honduras. Such a blessing for so many reasons. He traveled with 3 other men from our church. They met up with his Dad's church team there. They built a church, established a soccer field, provided meals and resources to families throughout a nearby shantytown and shared the Gospel with everyone who would hear. So grateful for this opportunity. Hoping to bring our whole family some day.

The MSCC team:


The whole team:


One of the recipients of Gracie's carefully selected puppies:


Pastor Jorge prays a blessing over the completed church building:


Food for the shantytown:


Thunder and Lightning indeed ;-) :


Brotherhood:




1 comment:

Becky said...

What a great good list! I love tiny frogs and that has to be the coolest swimming hole I've ever seen.