9. Shrinky Dinks. Surprisingly, I have found that they are just as much fun for the adult me as they were for the child me.
8. Coming home from church on Sunday to a crock pot full of hot, delicious lunch ready to go. This is especially awesome on rainy days for some reason.
7. The Halloween "parade" at Macy and Grace's school. Every year the kids don their costumes and walk from the school to the town green (which just happens to be the "front yard" of our church) and then back again. Pretty fun to watch.
6. Goo Goo Clusters. A Nashville delicacy hand-delivered to us all the way in Vermont by the lovely and fabulous Rachel McRae. (Yes, the box got destroyed in our excitement to taste the contents.)
5. Serving up "special" after school snacks. Macy and Grace don't realize it, but this is just as much fun for me as it is for them.
4. Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea DVDs (also delivered to us by Miss Rachel.) She made us vow to watch them at least once a year. I feel certain we will exceed the minimum requirement.
3. The way Macy's face lights up when I share something from my closet or a pretty pair of earrings. Such an easy way to give her a special day. Fun.
2. Counterfeit Gods by Tim Keller. Great, quick and easy (but impactful) read.
1. My Dad. Today is his birthday. I love him more every single year. Seems like he just keeps getting more awesome.
Wow! I'm honored to have a mention in The Good List! - Rachel
Post a Comment