Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Of First Importance

Of First Importance is a blog that I list in my blogroll, but this morning's post was so good, I wanted to repeat it:
“Grace binds you with far stronger cords than the cords of duty or obligation can bind you. Grace is free, but when once you take it, you are bound forever to the Giver and bound to catch the spirit of the Giver. Like produces like. Grace makes you gracious, the Giver makes you give.”

-E. Stanley Jones (1884-1973)

Awesome. Also reminds me of the Christy Nockels song "My Master," in which she sings the following:
I love my Master, I will not go free...
I take Your name and live in liberty
My life is Yours forever
I'll serve You faithfully
I love my Master, I will not go free...
Such a beautiful picture of the freedom of what the gospel does. We serve Him not to earn His love and grace (by definition, that wouldn't be grace, would it?), but BECAUSE of His immeasurable love and grace.

I'm off to pray that reality sinks in a little deeper today for people all over the world.

No comments: