10. A couple weeks ago a message from my brother-in-law asking for restaurant recommendations in Nashville caused us to start thinking about and missing some of our favorite places there. Amerigo's was pretty close to the top of the list, mainly because of the cedar smoked sea bass (BEST) and the ridiculously delicious cheese fritters. But no worries. Last night I made some cheese fritters, and may I brag for just a moment? Let's just say we don't really miss Amerigo's so much anymore. :-D
9. Macy's school hosted a contest recently during which all students were given a list of 4 books to read and told they would be entered into a drawing for a Nook for each book they completed and summarized. The "drawing" for the Nook was at the end of last week, but since Macy was the only student to read all 4 books, they just handed it to her. Pretty funny. Also: YAY for a free nook!
8. The Amazing Spiderman 2. I doubt it will win any awards, but it sure was fun to watch!
7. Brand new baby kitties. This one is 3 days old.
6. Macy's latest artwork.
5. Almond Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies. Zero flour. Zero sugar. Alllllll of the deliciousness. Here's the recipe:
1 cup almond butter
1/2 cup honey
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
Mix all of these ingredients together well, especially making sure honey is well-incorporated (otherwise, your cookies will turn to lace).
Add 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips and 2/3 cups finely chopped roasted almonds.
Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
They are not the prettiest cookies I've ever made, but they are mostly guiltless and entirely YUMMY!
4. The fact that Vermont turns every shade of green (and LUSHLY so) you can possibly imagine in the spring. So fresh and beautiful.
3. The great care and patience Grace is taking in putting together the perfect gift for Macy's upcoming birthday. So sweet.
2. A clean and freshly stocked refrigerator. IT'S LIKE A PLAYGROUND!!!!!
1. GOOD NEWS regarding my sweet little foster niece, Lilly! It's a very long story, which I will likely expand upon soon, but for now, just please continue in prayer for my sister and her family and sweet baby Lilly as they navigate all kinds of meetings and legal issues in the coming weeks in an effort finally to become Lilly's FOREVER FAMILY.