Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Good List 5-2-12

10. The 2-year supply of contacts my eye doctor in Nashville let me purchase right before I moved. It has been nice not to have to worry about that for awhile.
9. Snow in April. I know I'm weird. Just move on.
8. Spinach salad with roasted chicken, mediterranean herb cheese, and crispy onions. Yummy!
7. Chalkboard paint. So fun. Here is last weekend's project in my kitchen:






6. The ginormous patch of amazingly healthy hostas that I found in an area of my backyard that is typically shrouded by thick foliage. For some reason, they grew up faster than everything else this year, so I found them! Guess what's about to get relocated! :-D



5. Gracie is re-evaluating all sorts of nutritious food options that she "used to think were gross" and deciding that her taste buds must have changed. Recent additions to her list of acceptable meal items are cucumbers and lettuce. (She used to "eat" salad by picking out everything except the lettuce.)
4. Macy took the time to research and translate a letter she wrote to her new penpal into her native language. (This is a little girl who received an OCC shoebox from us last year and wrote to let us know.) Macy explained in the letter that she did this because she "wanted to be as helpful as possible." I love her heart.
3. The way God connects His people. I used to say it was "so random," but I know that isn't true. I don't believe in coincidences. I believe in divine intervention, and I'm so grateful for it.
2. This little studmuffin is coming to see me in 15 days. Don't even act like you're not jealous.


1. Grace. Exquisite, extravagant, lavish, eternal grace.



1 comment:

grey rose (they/them) said...

excellent list.
i was shocked we didn't have snow at all in april, normal for north dakota.
praise jesus for connecting hearts. {i keep getting so surprised by him, you know? embarrassing. i want to expect him, to be GOD. anyway, good thing he doesn't depend on me :)}

enjoy your visitor, what a cutie!

praying for you! xo