Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Good List 8-11-10


10. Homemade hashbrowns. YUM!
9. Playing online games with friends and family on the other side of the country. Words with Friends and Canasta are my current favorites.
8. Looking at my packed calendar but NOT cringing at any of it like I used to. ;-)
7. Comfortably wearing a sweater in August. I promise I'm not trying to rub it in; it's just entirely too awesome not to include on the list. I don't want to appear ungrateful. :-D
6. The huge patches of gorgeously healthy black-eyed susans I seem to see at every turn up here. They make me happy.
5. The faint smell of cigar smoke wafting past the kithen window while I'm washing dishes ('cause that means Jared is relaxing at home.)
4. When Phineas says, "Hey--where's Perry?" Makes me giggle every time.
3. Baptism services--particularly when we get to watch a father baptize his daughter. Awesome.
2. The first day of each year that feels like fall. There's something mysterious and exciting about it that I can't quite describe.
1. Celebrating 1 year of ministry with my favorite church in the whole wide world.

No comments: